LCJGT Division Descriptions
Playing divisions are determined based on a player's scoring ability. There will be a total of 7 Divisions (4 for boys, 3 for girls).
Boys Gold - ages 13 to 19 (18 holes from back tees)
Boys Silver - ages 13 to 19 (18 holes from middle tees)
Boys Bronze -ages 9 to 12 (18 holes from forward tees)
Boys Futures - ages 9 to 12 (9 holes from the forward tees)
Girls Gold - ages 13-19 (18 holes from middle tees)
Girls Silver - ages 9-19 (18 holes from forward tees)
Girls Futures - ages 9 to 12 (9 holes from forward tees)
New LCJGT players are initially placed in a division based on their age on the date of LCJGT's first event of the season.
- Boys age 13-19 start in the Boys Silver Division
- Girls age 13-19 start in the Girls Silver Division
- Boys age 9-12 start in the Boys Futures Division
- Girls age 9-12 start in the Girls Futures Division
Starting Divisions for LCJGT Returning Players:
Returning players will usually start in the division they played in for their final event in 2018. There are some exceptions to this:
- Boys who played in the Silver Division and shot a score of 85 or better will have the option to move up to the Gold Division to start the 2019 season.
- Girls who played in the Silver Division and shot a score of 95 or better will have the option to move up to the Gold Division to start the 2019 season.
- If a player shot the cutoff score (85 for boys & 95 for girls), or better, two or more times in 2018, they must play in the Gold Division in 2019.
- Boys who played in the Futures Division and shot a score of 55 or better will have the option to move up to the Bronze Division to start the 2019 season.
- Girls who played in the Futures Division and shot a score of 55 or better will have the option to move up to the Silver Division to start the 2019 season.
If you are eligible to play in a higher division, when you register, you will be able to select to play up. A list of returning 2018 players and their 2019 starting divisions can be found here.
Starting Divisions for Players new to LCJGT:
New players to LCJGT may request to play up in a higher division if they have met certain scoring requirements in a sanctioned tournament, such as a Philly Jr. Tour event, or in high school golf. The Tournament Director will verify the score and approve all moves to a higher division. For a boy to move up before the season starts, they have to shot a score of 82 or less from white tees or longer. For girls to move up they have to have shot a score of 92 or less from red tees. For 9 -12 year olds to move to 18 hole division (Boys Bronze, Girls Silver) they need to shoot 55 or less for 9 holes from Red tees. If you want to move up, please e-mail Jon Chronister,email@example.com Greg Goodling, firstname.lastname@example.org with the request.
Moving to a Higher Division during the Season:
During the season, 18-hole boys can earn the opportunity to play in the next higher division by shooting a score of 10 over par or better. Girls in the Silver Division can elect to move up to the Gold Division if they shoot a score of 92 or better. They can move up in any event after shooting the score. Once they move up, they can’t go back to the previous division.
If the player elects not to move up, and shoots a second score of 10 over par or less the player is required to move up to the Gold Division unless:
- The second score of 10 over par of less is achieved after the first 3 events of the season.
- The player is going into 8th grade or lower in the upcoming school year
Nine-hole players have the option to move to 18 holes if they shoot a score of 55 or less. We do not require any 9-hole players to move to 18 hole divisions, but encourage players with the ability to do so. Requests to play up should be directed to the Tournament Director, Jon Chronister at an LCJGT event, at 717-371-4073, or e-mail email@example.com.
Tour Championship & Junior War of the Roses Eligibility:
- Players from the Boys Gold, Boys Silver and Girls Gold divisions will be invited to participate in the tour championship.
- Players from the Girls Silver, Boys Bronze, Boys Futures and Girls Futures divisions will not be eligible for the Tour Championship
- If a player in the Boys Silver division, who is going into 8th grade or less, wins a Boys Silver event and elects to move up to the Boys Gold Division, he will automatically be invited to play in the tour championship in the Boys Gold Division regardless of his scores after moving to the Gold Division
- Only players in the Boys Gold and Girls Gold Division at the end of the season will be eligible for the Junior War of the Roses Team.
- The Boys Bronze division may not be conducted if we don't have enough participants. In that case, participants will have the option to play in either the Boys Silver division or the Coed Futures division.
- Points are not able to be carried from one division to the next. When a player moves up, points are left behind and only points earned in the higher division will be counted.
At any of the events, a division may be eliminated or combined if there are not enough sign-ups in individual divisions. Please note that 9-hole players will be limited to 18 players, per event.
Once a player "plays-up", they may not go back to their original division.